Kayville was founded in 1905 by Romanian settlers. By 1912 a post office had been established and a school the following year. The CPR rail line was laid in 1924. The Co-op was built in the 1930s. Kayville became a hamlet in 1951 and had a population of over 100 into the early 1970s. However, the town showed signs of decline late in that decade. The school closed in the early 90s and the railway was abandoned in 1998. The St. Peter and Paul Romanian Orthodox Church was founded between 1906 and 1908 (second picture) and the Hope Luthern Church in 1925 (last picture). An old hotel, bank, and a couple deserted stores comprise the town’s centre. A modern swimming pool complex, built in 1984, stands at the end of main street. There are several abandoned houses within the village as well.