Settlers from eastern Canada and the United States moved into the Glasnevin area around 1906. The name Glasnevin comes from a district in Dublin, Ireland. Tom Clark opened a post office on December 1st, 1913. He also owned the general store, blacksmith shop, and livery stable. The CPR rail line was laid in 1911 or 1912. The first elevator was brought in from Macoun and repaired. It was originally run by the Golden West Grain Company and eventually sold to the Saskatchewan Wheat Pool in 1972. It closed in 1975 and was demolished in the early 1980s. Another elevator was constructed in 1922 by the Union Grain Company. The Pool bought it in 1928 and replaced it with a larger one in 1955. This elevator was shut down in 1987 and torn down in 1989.
A country school opened on May 1st, 1914. Initially it was to be a built with stone, however plans changed and it was constructed with wood. Due to low attendance, the school was not in operation from 1919 to 1926 and students were sent to Mount Joy, Wright, and Thorndyke Schools. It reopened in 1926 and served the area until 1959. The building was sold and moved onto a farm.
Residents in the Glasnevin area fundraised from 1946 to 1949 for a community hall. Construction began in 1949 and Memorial Hall opened on July 19th, 1953. The hall is the only remaining structure in Glasnevin and is located 200 yards east of the townsite. Many suppers, picnics, and dances took place in the hall. It was still being used in 1992.
Glasnevin was always a hamlet; its population never exceeded 100 people. Photographs from the 1950s show five or six dwellings in Glasnevin. In 1992 the hamlet had only a store and the hall in operation. Its population then was 4. The post office closed in 1994. In 1999 Red Coat Road and Rail purchased the rail line from Pangman to Assiniboia. It is owned by local farmers and operated by Great Western Railway.